Historic homes are beautiful but can be a pain to update with regards to a suitable HVAC furnace. There are several things to look at when it comes to new gas furnace installation in an older home. If you are constantly dealing with furnace repairs or need a new furnace installed, Estes Services can assist you with either task.
Installing a New HVAC Furnace
If you’re constantly having residential furnace repairs done and your unit is over 15 years old, it might be time to purchase a new furnace. Here are a few things to take into consideration when deciding on the best furnace for your historic home:
- Newer gas furnaces have updated technology compared to the unit that was previously installed in your home. A furnace service call can diagnose issues with your existing system. A properly installed new furnace will promote energy efficiency.
- When deciding on a furnace, you need to consider what type of fuel it uses and what is available in your area. Natural gas furnaces are more cost-effective compared to older oil furnaces.
- New furnaces now have two-stage blowers that can operate at either half speed or full speed depending on how best to regulate the heat in your home.
Maintaining a Current HVAC Furnace
With residential furnace repairs, you can maintain your system and increase its efficiency at the same time. A furnace service call can resolve the issues below:
- Furnace filters can get clogged and should be cleaned or replaced regularly with a new, clean furnace repair. With a furnace service call, the filter can be cleaned and quickly installed back into the gas furnace, or replaced with a new, high-efficiency filter.
- Ductwork can be obstructed, which reduces the airflow throughout your vents. A furnace repair will clean your ductwork and fix any leaks that could be present to stop heat from being wasted, affecting the system’s efficiency.
- Insulation could be another factor that is affecting the heating with your current furnace system. Older homes typically lack in proper insulation and with a furnace service call, a professional can assist you with solutions to help your home retain more heat energy.
Just because you have an older home doesn’t mean you have to stress about how to heat it. Estes Services offers the best in furnace installation with top-of-the-line furnaces. We perform routine residential furnace repairs when needed. Call us today and get the heat your home deserves!