You can’t always avoid air conditioner problems – knowing what to look for might help you decide what measures to take toward AC repair! Estes Services ensures you aren’t left high and dry – we offer reliable and quality service for all your air conditioning needs.
The inner workings of your air conditioner
There are many components of your air conditioner that could cause the HVAC system to leave you without cool air. The following are common culprits. Call Estes Services to schedule an inspection and AC repair to improve performance and energy savings.
- Filter needs replaced
- The number one thing to check if your air conditioner isn’t keeping your house cool is the filter. Filters are responsible for removing dust and allergens from your air before returning the clean air to your home.
- Condenser coils are dirty
- The condenser coil is responsible for discharging heat from the air to the outdoors. If the coil is dirty, it cannot effectively transfer heat.
- Evaporator coils blocked with ice
- The evaporator coil can develop ice on it from the refrigerant in your system, which can diminish airflow into your home.
- Thermostat not working
- Thermostats can have calibration errors, especially older dial-type models. Programmable thermostats also may need servicing if they don’t turn on and off or call for cooling properly.
- Low refrigerant or leaks
- Refrigerant is a life-source for your air conditioning unit. If you notice your home isn’t cooling or if the air feels sticky, low refrigerant or a leak of refrigerant may be the issue.
- Clogged ducts
- Your ducts allow cool air to travel throughout your home. If they become clogged, it prevents the cool air from moving back into your living areas.
Estes Services offers reliable and affordable AC repair options for your HVAC system that produce better performance and energy savings. Our technicians are licensed and skilled to tackle any problem your air conditioner may have. Understanding where the problem is with your AC can prevent the escalation of costly future repairs. Call us today and schedule a service call so that you can enjoy the cool air you were meant to have!