Keep your guests happy this holiday season with hot water showers that never fluctuate in temperature! Some people enjoy the benefits of a cold shower but most enjoy hot water for tense muscles and the relaxing comfort the heat brings. If you are tired of losing hot water fast, discover why it keeps happening and solutions for fixing the problem!
Causes of Cold Showers
Cold showers can occur for several reasons, such as:
- Bad cartridge in shower valve
- Bad water heater
- Flushing a toilet while the shower is running
- Hot water used elsewhere in the house during a shower
Tips for Hot Water Showers
With so many causes for cold showers in your home, there are a few tips that can help with hot water showers:
- Steer clear of showers while the washing machine or dishwasher are running
- Replace your old toilet with a newer, more efficient model that allows flushing to happen without turning the shower water cold
- Turn your water heater temperature to 120° F, but make sure a scald-guard is installed to keep small children safe from hot temperatures
- Call a professional to have a new mixing valve installed in your shower to help stabilize your temperature
- Consider installing a low-flow shower head to allow for longer hot water showers without wasting excessive water
- The best option is to call a plumber for a water heater repair to find out what is causing you to lose hot water
What to Expect from a Water Heater Repair
If you have looked at all your options and still can’t seem to maintain hot temperatures in your shower, call Estes Services for help! There are several things we will check during a water heater repair call that will offer solutions to boost temperatures. We will inspect all your valves, the cartridge, and any other areas that prevent long-lasting temperatures.
If the problem is coming from your water heater, we can fix the problem or perform a water heater replacement. A great option to look into is a tankless water heater. Tankless water heaters never run out of hot water and last almost 10 years longer than a standard tank water heater. During the water heater repair, your plumber will fill you in on benefits of a tankless water heater and whether or not it’s right for you.
Enjoy longer hot water showers in your home this holiday season! Schedule a water heater repair call with Estes Services’ plumbers. Whether you just need a quick fix, a water heater replacement, or want to install a tankless water heater, we have everything you need to get your water temperatures just right!