Johns Creek, GA Air Conditioning Installation
Whether you're looking to purchase a new air conditioner to replace your existing unit, or you need to have an AC system installed in a newly constructed home, Estes Services has you covered! Estes has served the Atlanta metropolitan area since 1949 and is the go-to cooling company in the area.
If you live in Johns Creek or the surrounding Atlanta, GA area, you understand how hot and humid summers can get. That's why you need a cooling company you can trust to provide you with the right system and expert installation to ensure your unit stands up to the Georgia heat. That's where Estes comes in.
For all of your cooling needs in Johns Creek, including the installation of a new air conditioning system, contact the heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality professionals at Estes Services today.
Signs That You Should Replace Your AC System
If your air conditioner suddenly breaks down, it can cause severe comfort issues and even lead to a dangerous situation. Fortunately, some signs indicate it might be time to replace your air conditioner. If your Johns Creek AC system is experiencing any of the following issues, contact Estes Services to make a service call.
- Your energy bills are on the rise. Rising energy bills without changes in system usage indicate your AC isn't performing as it should. Faulty parts, a bad installation, or an aging system can cause energy bills to skyrocket.
- Your AC is around 10 to 15 years old. If your system hasn't been maintained over the years, it could fail you when it reaches this age. HVAC technology has advanced lightyears in the past few years, so upgrading to a new system now will save you money on energy bills and prevent air conditioning repair services.
- Your system makes loud noises. Aside from the sound of your Johns Creek AC system starting or ending a cycle, ACs are relatively quiet. If you hear rattling, banging, screeching noises, etc., it could be time to consider replacing the unit.
- Strong, bad smells coming from the unit. Unpleasant odors such as smoke, mildew, or dirty sock smell emanating from your air conditioner mean something isn't right, and the system should be inspected immediately.
- Poor airflow. Over time, aging air conditioners can produce weak airflow and struggle to reach set temperatures. If this is the case, it might be worth considering upgrading to a new system, as you'll save a significant amount on energy bills while receiving powerful cooling your whole family will enjoy.
What to Consider When Buying a New Air Conditioner
The heating and air conditioning professionals at Estes Services came up with a few tips for buying a new AC system.
Hire a Reputable HVAC Company
There are dozens of HVAC companies to choose from in the Johns Creek area, but not all of them offer the reliable services that Estes Services does. Hiring an inexperienced company can result in a poorly installed air conditioner, which can lead to poor performance and a shorter lifespan.
Check the SEER Rating
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and is a measure of how efficient the system is. The SEER is calculated by the cooling output for a cooling season divided by the electric energy input during the same time. The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient the system is. The current minimum is 14. At Estes, we offer traditional air conditioners with a SEER of up to 19.
Single Speed Vs. Multiple Speed
Another option to consider when buying an air conditioning system is whether you want a single-speed or multiple-speed unit. A single-speed AC operates on one speed: full blast; the AC is either on or off. A multiple-speed unit, meanwhile, has several different speeds. For example, you can run the system at a lower speed for a longer period of time or run it at a higher speed when temperatures significantly rise.
Type of Cooling System
Although air conditioners are a great choice for cooling homes in Johns Creek, GA, heat pumps and ductless air conditioning systems are also popular alternatives. You can discuss the differences and which type of unit is best for your home when you contact Estes Services in Johns Creek, GA.
Why Choose Estes for AC Installation in Johns Creek, GA?
If you need to replace your existing air conditioning system, or you need a new unit for a newly constructed home, contact Estes Services, the most trusted and reputable HVAC company in Johns Creek and the entire Atlanta area. Give us a call today to schedule service with one of our heating and cooling professionals.