Unless you’re a plumber, effortless water flow in your Atlanta home’s drains is something most take for granted until drain clogs arise. Preventing clogs with drain cleaning service from your plumber reduces smelly and troublesome drain clogs and backups, helping your plumbing system function properly.
Estes Services offers skilled drain cleaning, performed by a licensed plumber every time. Does your home need drain cleaning? Read on to find out.
Do I Need a Plumber to Clean My Drain?
The following are tell-tale signs your home needs drain cleaning right away:
Water drains slowly from your kitchen and bathroom sinks, tubs, showers and water-consuming appliances.
You notice standing water in your shower, sinks, washing machine or dishwasher.
When food waste accumulates in your drains, fruit flies appear.
Food waste in your drains grows bacteria and produces foul odors.
Bubble noises come from your pipes. This means water is not moving freely through the plumbing system.
Why Are My Drains Clogged?
Drains become clogged due to numerous sources. Common sources of drain clogs include:
- Soap scum
- Improper items sent down the garbage disposal
- Non-flushable items, as well as those which do not degrade as advertised, such as the “flushable wipes”.
What Does a Plumber Do to Clean the Drain?
A professional plumber uses drain cleaning methods not available in a bottle at your home improvement store. These professional methods provide effective, long-term solutions to combat clogs. They also do not damage your pipes, as many harsh chemicals sold in the cleaning aisle do. Methods that may be used to clear your drains include:
- Hydrojetting. Hydrojetting uses high-pressure hot water. A hose with a small nozzle is piped down your drains. Then it blasts through clogs and clears them from your pipes.
- Drain snakes. Motorized drain snakes use an auger to bore into clogged material. It either breaks it apart or draws it up and out of the drain.
- Video inspection. A plumber uses a video inspection camera to identify the source of drain clogs before cleaning a drain. He or she feeds a small camera through your plumbing system. This shows the exact location of the clog and what sort of material is causing it. With this information, there are fewer surprises. Additionally, it informs the plumber how best to address the problem.
A licensed plumber is trained to use these different drain cleaning technologies and to identify the best solution for removing clogs in your drains. Using these methods, drains are cleared effectively and debris is removed to prevent reoccurrence.
Benefits of Drain Cleaning by a Pro Plumber
Professional drain cleaning performed by a plumber provides many benefits, such as:
- Permanent removal of debris for long-term clog protection
- Improved plumbing system performance
- Protection for the longevity of your plumbing system and fixtures
- Elimination of unpleasant odors stemming from clogs
- Cleaner plumbing lines, free of debris
- Increased savings on future plumbing repairs, through the prevention of future blockages.
Need a Plumber? Call Estes Services in Atlanta
If your Atlanta home is in need of drain cleaning, contact us today! Estes Services has the technology needed to clear drains quickly and restore function. We send a skilled plumber to your home quickly for drain cleaning services.
We use professional methods and equipment to eliminate clogs and prevent them from happening again. No job is too big or too small for an Estes’ plumber!