Heating and cooling system breakdowns are costly to businesses – a lack of heating and cooling can halt operations, impact productivity, damage equipment or inventory and cost a great deal to correct. Knowing the signs indicating commercial HVAC repair is needed can help you avoid inconvenient breakdowns and expensive HVAC service.
Estes Commercial wants you to watch for these three signs to tell you it’s time to call us for commercial HVAC repair. Catching malfunctions early saves your system from extensive and costly damage and protects your facility from a sudden loss of heating or cooling.
Call for HVAC service if…
These three signs are obvious symptoms commercial HVAC repair is needed for your heating and cooling equipment. Call Estes Commercial at the first sign of the following:
Commercial heating and cooling systems do have some operating noises – these are not the troublesome ones. New and unexpected noises suddenly occurring are an indication there is a problem with your equipment.
- Rattling noises can indicate a component has come loose or there is debris stuck in an outdoor unit.
- Clanking noises at startup or while the system runs may indicate parts are loose, such as the blower motor fan blades.
- Squealing can indicate issues with bearings or fan belts.
- Constant clicking when the unit runs (not at startup or the end of a cycle) can indicate issues with relays or the control panel.
Smells coming from duct vents or the unit itself are suspect and a warning sign HVAC service is needed.
- Musty or moldy smells are an indication mold or mildew has developed in the system or ducts. Commercial HVAC repair for coil cleaning or air duct cleaning can identify the source and treat the system. Installing UV light air purifiers will prevent mold and mildew from growing within the system.
- Burning smells indicate the system is overheating, the wiring is melting or short-circuiting. If you notice these smells, turn off the system and call for commercial HVAC repair right away. Note a slight burning smell coming from your furnace the first couple of times it runs for the season is normal – this is just dust burning off components and should stop after a few days (if it doesn’t, call for HVAC service).
- Sulfurous or rotten egg smells are indicative of a gas leak. Turn off your gas supply and system and schedule HVAC service immediately.Your equipment must be inspected and the leak source safely found and resolved.
Poor Temperature Control
Difficulty maintaining temperatures inside your facility is another major sign your commercial HVAC needs repair. If your commercial HVAC system can’t keep up with your facility’s heating and cooling demands anymore, something is wrong with the system. In fact, you’re probably running the system more to compensate, increasing excess energy use and stressing the equipment. Contact Estes Commercial right away so the issue can be diagnosed and solved, improving your comfort and protecting your system.