If you have noticed high humidity levels in your home, there could be an increase in mold growth. Allergy symptoms are also at a higher risk since dust mites thrive in humid environments. These things don’t have to be a major issue with proper HVAC maintenance and a quality dehumidifier. Heating and air companies near you can assist you in picking out the best dehumidifier for your home.
What is a Dehumidifier?
Dehumidifiers work by extracting moisture found in indoor air. Once cool air is pulled into a home, the dehumidifier pulls the humidity out of the newly cooled air. This provides improved indoor air quality and reduced HVAC repairs from humidity damage.
Signs You May Need a Dehumidifier
Aside from an increase in mold and allergies, there are a few other signs that you need a dehumidifier, such as:
- Musty or mildew smells
- Constant condensation on windows
- Humid rooms where there is poor ventilation or none at all
- Water stains on ceilings or walls
- Small black mold spores growing on walls or bathtubs and showers
Benefits of a Dehumidifier
A dehumidifier offers many benefits for homeowners:
- Reduced humidity levels
- Decreased mold, allergies, and dust mites
- Quiet operation
- Reduced odors, such as a musty or rotting smell
- Reduced chance of developing mold on linens, furniture, or clothing
- Reduced skin irritation
- Improved respiratory system
- Less chance of rust or corrosion
- Reduction of dust
- Decreased energy costs
- Improved HVAC maintenance
Choosing a Dehumidifier
The best way to choose the right dehumidifier for you is to locate heating and air companies nearby. Knowledgeable and skilled technicians are able to assist you with the right choice of dehumidifier that is best for your needs. Local heating and air companies have options, such as:
- Single room dehumidifiers
- Large capacity dehumidifiers
- Whole house dehumidifiers
The best dehumidifiers will work with your current heating and cooling system. You will have less HVAC repairs due to excessive moisture and have higher quality air indoors.
Get control of your dry air and the problems that come with it! Call Estes Services today for all your HVAC repairs, HVAC maintenance, and other HVAC products.