If you’ve never needed to know how to choose a plumber before, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed when the time does come. Because you’ve never used one before, you don’t have a trusted plumbing company to call. Do you know how to choose a plumber and what to look for in an Atlanta, GA plumbing company?
How to choose a plumber comes down to knowing who to ask and what to look for in a plumbing company. In this blog, we help homeowners identify the criteria to evaluate plumbing companies. If you need help with plumbing installation, repair, or maintenance, give us a call!
How to Find a Plumber: Ask for Recommendations
As soon as the question “how to choose a plumber” comes up, turn to sources you trust for recommendations. Even though you’ve never used a plumber before, there are likely many homeowners you know who have.
Ask those you trust about their experiences with Atlanta, GA plumbing companies and the names of companies they recommend – and those they recommend you avoid.
- Turn to friends and family members who are homeowners in your area. If they have used a plumber before, get a trustworthy, first-hand account about how the process goes, their experience with different companies, and ultimately if they recommend a particular company for your needs.
- If you have no local friends or family, a good neighbor is another source. A neighbor can recommend a plumber who works in your area and share their experiences, so you are more comfortable with how to choose a plumber.
If friends, family, and neighbors turn up short on plumbing company recommendations, there are other options:
- Check your neighborhood or town’s Facebook group for plumbing company experiences and recommendations.
- Search online home improvement contractor databases for local plumbing companies.
- Turn to the Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors Association (PHCC) for a local plumbing company recommendation.
There are many online review sites that allow homeowners to rate their experiences with local plumbing companies. While these can be a great source of information, they are often used as a sounding board and the story is not always complete.
In the case of negative reviews, the way the company has responded tells you a great deal about their professionalism and how they have attempted to remedy problems.
How to Hire a Plumber: Evaluation Criteria
Once you have the names of a few Atlanta plumbing companies to call, you need to know what to look for before you hire one. Research these companies before you call, and evaluate them during your estimate.
- Does the plumbing company hold the proper licenses required in your area as well as insurance to protect you if someone is hurt or something is broken while they work on your home?
- Is the company a member of local business and/or industry professional organizations? How long have they been in the business as well as your community?
- Do the products you need come with a warranty and what are the warranty terms?
- What guarantees on the work and customer satisfaction are offered? Does the plumbing company offer other services you may need in the future, such as emergency repairs?
- How are your interactions with the company? Are employees courteous on the phone and in your home? Did the estimator arrive in a professional uniform and branded vehicle? What steps does the company take to protect your home while working?
Always read through plumbing estimates before you choose a plumbing company. Make sure the estimates include all the work you need as well as the same work and equipment between each one, so you know the prices are comparable. Ask the plumber about the potential for extra costs, such as extra trip costs, that may arise during the project.
How to Choose a Plumber: It’s that Easy, it’s Estes!
If you are in need of plumbing help for your Atlanta, GA area home, Estes Services is happy to assist you.
Estes Services has served Atlanta for 70 years and all of our plumbers are licensed, bonded and insured. They receive ongoing training and education so they are up to date with all brands of tankless water heaters, for example.
We believe in a tradition of integrity and quality service, so our plumbers are also great listeners. We believe in efficiency, but not at the cost of your satisfaction.
For example, Mike. G. shared on Estes’ Facebook page, “Got up this morning without hot water. Called Estes Services and they were on the spot. Can’t express my appreciation for the service and the timeliness!”
Our licensed plumbers perform skilled plumbing services and we offer high-quality equipment for better energy and water efficiency, comfort, and style.
Our plumbing services include water heater repair, service and installation, leak repairs, sewer line repairs and replacement, plumbing fixture repairs and replacement, water filtration system repairs and installation as well as drain cleaning.
We travel throughout the Atlanta area including Kennesaw, Marietta, Dunwoody, Decatur, Druid Hills, Roswell, Johns Creek, Peachtree City, Fayetteville, Midtown, Sandy Springs, Virginia Highland and Buckhead. Contact us today to learn more.