Businesses of all sizes and operations can benefit from the energy savings and productivity generated by building automation. HVAC automation has come a long way and even small moves toward automating your operations, such as utilizing smart thermostats, can make a big impact on your bottom line. Estes Commercial specializes in building automation and HVAC automation solutions for businesses – contact us today to learn what a difference this technology can make for your company.
HVAC Automation Boosts Energy Savings
Heating and cooling facilities account for the largest portion of a business’s energy consumption. With so much of your operating budget going toward this expense, investing in HVAC automation is a smart decision to help your business save.
- HVAC automation and smart thermostats help your business cut back on energy consumption, which directly cuts costs. Building automation systems allow facilities managers to schedule heating and cooling use around the needs of the building, from production to occupancy schedules, so energy is consumed only when needed and conserved when it’s not.
- Building automation with energy monitoring systems reports on your facility’s energy consumption, identifying when and how your utility dollars are being spent. The data collected by your building automation system is invaluable in helping your business continue to improve energy efficiency and reduce operating expenses. You’ll learn where energy is lost, if heating and cooling equipment is consuming excess energy, ( a sign of malfunction requiring repair), and more, helping you identify where improvements can be made to further conserve.
Building Automation Increases Employee Productivity
Building automation and HVAC automation not only increase energy consumption, they help to create a more comfortable indoor atmosphere. Comfortable temperatures in the workplace have been shown to improve productivity and reduce errors.
- HVAC automation improves the overall climate inside your building. It reduces temperature fluctuations and hot or cold spots, providing even temperatures throughout the entire facility. When employees are comfortable, they are more precise, focused and productive.
- Smart thermostats are a great tool for offices and individual workspaces. These thermostats “learn” the climate preferences of occupants and adjust heating and cooling use to fit. Not only is space kept comfortable, energy use is conserved as the smart thermostat learns to keep temperatures lower in the area or cuts HVAC energy consumption when space is unoccupied.
- Building automation systems and HVAC automation with indoor air quality equipment improve the health of your facility, impacting productivity. Germs, viruses, bacteria, and allergens are removed from the air supply, limiting employee exposure to control the spread of illness and keep allergy symptoms in check. In a healthier environment, productivity rises as employees provide good attendance and are less likely to bring illnesses to work, distracting their performance or spreading it to others.
Building automation, HVAC automation and smart thermostats go hand-in-hand, generating significant boosts in energy savings and productivity for your business. Contact Estes Commercial now to learn which HVAC automation solutions can work best with your heating and cooling system to improve results for your facility.