This Cooling Solution Makes It a Reality!
Granny Pods are sweeping the nation, especially for Americans who are retired and dealing with tight budgets. A Granny Pod is similar to other types of tiny homes where micro-living is ideal for those wishing to remain close to their family. Minimal living in a small structure calls for modifications and specific appliances, such as ductless air conditioners, to fit into a more compact space.
There isn’t much room for a traditional cooling system or water heater, which is why ductless air conditioners and tankless water heaters are a perfect solution. Estes Services carries a line of easily-installed ductless air conditioners and tankless water heaters. Discover the possibilities and benefits of ductless systems and tankless water heaters for your Granny Pod or another tiny home.
Why Choose Ductless Air Conditioners
Ductless air conditioners quietly deliver the same cold air as traditional air conditioners. The significant difference is there are no ducts to install, replace, move or clean. The outdoor unit transports refrigerant to the indoor unit, where it cools the air. The indoor unit blows cool air into the tiny home or Granny Pod, leaving the space cool and comfortable.
Ductless air conditioners are an excellent option for several reasons, including:
- Cost: The price for a ductless air conditioner is lower than a whole central air conditioning system when new ductwork has to be installed. You save on the initial installation because no construction is required and the installation process isn’t as long.
- Maintenance: Just like any other heating and cooling equipment, ductless air conditioners require some maintenance to function properly throughout the year. The filter needs to be cleaned once a month to keep indoor air quality healthy, and a technician needs to check the refrigerant levels and pressure once a year.
- Design Options: Ductless air conditioners are designed for versatility and flexibility. There are several different options for the indoor unit, such as wall mount, ceiling mount and floor mount. A ductless system for your tiny home can fit into an area without taking up precious space for storage or other necessities.
- Savings: Ductless air conditioners are more energy efficient than traditional cooling systems. They operate less often considering they cool a small area compared to a large home with several rooms. Energy loss isn’t a problem with ductless air conditioners, considering there are no ductworks with leaks or gaps to let air escape. Your tiny home or Granny Pod will experience accurate temperatures every day without raising your electric bill in the future.
Why Choose Tankless Water Heaters
Just like with ductless air conditioners, tankless water heaters take up less space compared to traditional tank water heaters. They are designed to be flexible for small spaces and deliver hot water within seconds to faucets, showers and tubs. They boast several advantages for tiny homes and Granny Pods, such as:
- No Standby Loss: Tankless water heaters eliminate the risk of energy loss by only heating the water as it flows. Water isn’t left in a tank or pipes, which need to be reheated for later use with traditional water heaters.
- Greater Water Efficiency: Water is heated immediately when a tap is turned on, reducing the amount of wasted water used while waiting for it to warm.
- Greater Life Expectancy: Unlike a traditional water heater, a tankless water heater lasts up to 20 years with annual maintenance.
If a Granny Pod or tiny home is your solution to aging within a budget, consider the benefits of ductless air conditioners and tankless water heaters. Both are compact with easy installation by HVAC and plumbing professionals from Estes Services in Greater Atlanta. Contact Estes Services for more information on your ductless system or tankless water heater.