Now is the time to start thinking about getting your heat pump system ready for the spring and summer. A heat pump doesn't get a break like furnaces do during the hotter months or air conditioners during the colder months. A heat pump is constantly in demand to control the temperature in your home, resulting in wear and tear if the heat pump isn't properly maintained. Make sure you don't skip preventative maintenance on your heat pump as the temperatures start to climb.
A heat pump system cools your home during the spring and summer and provides heat by reversing the direction of the heat-exchange process. By providing heating and cooling year-round, you only have to worry about one system breaking down or maintaining. The system consists of an indoor unit and an outdoor unit.
There are a few simple steps you can perform to prepare your heat pump air conditioning system for regular preventative maintenance from a professional:
● You can vacuum any dust or dirt on the return grilles and supply outlets with a brush extension. If you notice any fins are bent, straighten them after vacuuming.
● Inspect your outdoor unit for anything obstructing airflow, and remove them if you can. All vegetation and fencing should be at least 24 inches away from the outdoor unit in all directions.
● Check the filter regularly, and let your HVAC professional know if you use a high-efficiency filter. If your technician knows before scheduled maintenance, they can have a new one ready when they arrive to service your heat pump.
Once you have prepared your system, call Estes Services for preventative heat pump maintenance on your heat pump system. We will make any necessary adjustments to your system during professional heat pump maintenance, including repairing or replacing anything affecting the airflow or heat exchange process. Proper maintenance involves:
● Inspecting the ducts, blower, and indoor coil
● Inspecting the filter and replacing it, if necessary
● Measuring airflow
● Inspecting electrical components for function and wear and adjusting as needed
● Testing of electrical components and control board
● Cleaning of both indoor and outdoor unit
● Testing refrigerant levels and checking for refrigerant leaks
● Tightening all connections and applying a non-conductive coating, if necessary
● Lubricating motors and inspecting belts for signs of wear and tear
● Locate any duct leakage and seal it
● Testing thermostat operation
Prepping your system for maintenance and investing in a maintenance membership plan for your heat pump air conditioning system offers several benefits. You shouldn't think twice about having heat pump maintenance services performed regularly, especially when you know what you get in return from your heat pump:
● Your heat pump experiences more dirt, dust, and other debris during the winter season, which affects the performance of your system when it comes time to reverse its operation. The accumulation of debris increases the friction on its moving parts, straining the components. Preventative maintenance services increase life expectancy and reduce the chance of costly repairs throughout the year.
● When your system is cleaned regularly during maintenance, your heating pump air conditioning system operates more efficiently. Its performance is increased when the fittings are tightened, and the refrigerant levels are kept within a normal range. Boosted performance and increased energy efficiency save you money on your monthly bills, especially when it starts working harder as the heat index rises.
● Scheduling routine maintenance service at the beginning of spring is the best time to beat the rush at Estes Services. You will have convenience on your side to set a date for maintenance that fits your schedule, rather than squeezing your maintenance call into a technician's tight schedule. Preventative maintenance is hassle-free and allows your mind to worry less about keeping cool when the heat starts.
Save yourself money and a headache this summer by scheduling preventative maintenance on your heat pump now! Contact Estes Services, and see your options with our different maintenance membership plans. With the best NATE-certified technicians by your side, you will experience cool temperatures without the risk of heat pump failure in the summer. Get in touch with Estes today for a well-maintained heat pump.