Have you completed your heat pump tune up checklist yet this spring? For the best performance, service your Atlanta, Georgia heat pump in the spring and fall. This allows professional HVAC contractors to prepare your heat pump before the hottest and coldest temperatures.
There are also steps you need to take outside of preventive maintenance visits to care for your equipment. Read through our heat pump tune up checklist and make sure all tasks are completed now!
If you haven’t already, contact Estes Services today to schedule your heat pump’s spring preventive maintenance tune up.
Click Here to Schedule a Heat Pump Tune Up
Heat Pump Tune Up Checklist
Our heat pump tune up checklist includes two areas: professional service and do it yourself tasks. A completed heat pump tune up checklist provides better performance and energy efficiency. It also reduces the risk of unexpected repairs and breakdowns.
Schedule Your Heat Pump Tune Up with Estes Services
In the spring and in the fall, your heat pump needs professional preventive maintenance service. This tune up improves the unit’s energy efficiency and performance to deliver better comfort and limit energy waste. It also protects against unexpected breakdowns and helps your heat pump stay in service longer. How?
During a preventive maintenance visit, our technicians go through a heat pump tune up checklist to care for your system:
- Lubricate motors and inspect belts
- Inspect and clean chambers and components
- Inspect refrigerant lines for leaks
- Verify refrigerant charge
- Inspect electrical connections and tighten if needed
- Review system controls and thermostat for proper functioning
- Inspect condensate drain and clear clogs
- Clean coils
- Adjust blower components
- Change air filter
Exterior Heat Pump Care
Perform exterior heat pump maintenance to allow airflow to the unit and to protect it from damage. Check out these exterior AC compressor checklist tasks:
- Clear away leaves, grass clippings, branches and other outdoor debris caught in the unit’s fins or on its top. You may use a soft brush to gently remove this yard clutter. Do this every time you mow the lawn to remove grass clippings.
- Remove any items or vegetation in the two-foot area around the unit. Trim back trees and shrubs, and do not store outdoor items in this space. It’s tempting to landscape around HVAC units or try to camouflage them. Do not do this. They need unobstructed airflow.
Interior Cooling System Component Care
The interior steps on the heat pump tune up checklist also allow air to flow freely to the unit, as well as through it for better performance and air quality.
Air Handler Clearance
Remove any items stored around your interior air handler. For air handlers installed in large spaces, keep items at least six feet away from the unit. If your air handler is installed in a small utility closet where space is limited, remove unnecessary items from this area to allow proper clearance around the unit.
Air Filter Changes
During the summer, inspect your air filter each month. Over periods of heavy use, it may be necessary to change the filter more frequently than the manufacturer’s recommendation.
Check to see that the filter’s surface is not caked with contaminants. Change the filter as needed. Especially if a family member lives with allergies or respiratory illness.
Don’t Wait for 90 Degree Days! Book an AC Tune Up with Estes Today
With our heat pump tune up checklist, your Atlanta heat pump easily tackles high summer temperatures with better efficiency and performance.
This checklist also protects against surprise breakdowns in the middle of the summer. Contact Estes Services today for help completing the tasks on our heat pump tune up checklist.
We serve customers in Greater Atlanta, including Kennesaw, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Peachtree City, Fayetteville, Midtown and Druid Hills. You’ll also find Estes Services in Marietta, Decatur, Virginia Highland and Buckhead.