Cold weather is on its way this winter, and you need to make sure your thermostat is ready! You may find yourself wondering what the best winter thermostat settings are for your home heating system; the answer isn’t quite so simple. There are some general programmable thermostat settings you can apply to your home, but these settings don’t always save you money on your energy bill. Estes Services wants to help you stay comfy and warm this winter by getting the most out of your thermostat.
General Winter Thermostat Settings
You can program your thermostat to general settings, but they won’t always get you the best results for boosted efficiency and energy savings. For normal winter thermostat settings, program your thermostat to:
- 68° F to 72° F (20° C to 22° C) during the day if someone is home
- 62° F to 66° F (17° C to 19° C) if no one is at home during the day and at nighttime when you are asleep
If you want to increase your unit’s efficiency, save money, and stay warm this winter, follow these tips for getting the most out of your winter thermostat settings!
- Decide on the temperature you want in your home and set your thermostat accordingly.
- Lower your thermostat by one degree each week after you have adjusted to the cold weather.
- Reducing your thermostat by one degree and maintaining this new temperature for eight hours lowers your energy bill by 1 percent.
- You can increase savings by continuing to lower your thermostat more and more every day, and it’s likely you won’t notice the difference in temperature.
Invest in a Programmable Thermostat
For the best efficiency with your HVAC system, invest in a programmable thermostat. You can save money and energy by monitoring your programmable thermostat settings for when you are home, asleep, or away.
Programmable thermostat settings allow you to easily create ideal temperatures in your home for any situation. Our technicians at Estes Services will install your programmable thermostat and set your thermostat to optimal settings during the installation. You can schedule your settings for weeks or months at a time. When you are out of town because of business, vacation, or the holiday season, you can adjust your thermostat to lower temperatures for the period you are away.
Invest smart with a programmable thermostat to get the best settings for saving money and energy this winter. Contact Estes Services to find out the best winter thermostat settings and boost your HVAC system’s performance.