Like to Solve Problems, Help People and Work with Your Hands?
Veterans and baby boomers are retiring from the heating and cooling business, which means more HVAC technicians and installers are in demand for the future. As the HVAC industry continues to grow and expand with more technological advancements, the need for qualified and licensed heating and cooling professionals is vital!
Discover the benefits of pursuing a career in the heating and cooling industry. Many companies are searching for honest people to fulfill open HVAC positions, and they are willing to pay for training. Estes Services offers competitive pay and benefits for those wishing to join our team.
Top Reasons to Pursue an HVAC Career
Finding employment in the HVAC industry is easy, when you possess the desire to help others and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. If you are considering a career in the HVAC industry, consider these advantages:
- Stable Employment: The HVAC career field is expanding, and considering that residents of the United States can’t call someone in another country for help, heating and cooling jobs can’t be outsourced!
Homes and businesses will always need someone to inspect, assess, and repair their HVAC equipment personally. A career in the HVAC industry means you can depend on steady work until you are ready to retire.
- Competitive Salary: The starting pay for beginner HVAC technicians is between $28,000 and $40,000 annually. Your salary will continue to increase with longer employment as a heating and cooling professional, based on your experience and continued training.
With the demand for HVAC technicians rising every year, the income will continue to rise, too. Working with your hands in the HVAC trade will provide a healthy salary throughout your career.
- Opportunities for Growth: Starting off as an entry-level HVAC technician is just the beginning. You can continue to pursue training and education to expand your career, moving from technician to installer to manager.
With the opportunities for growth, you can move up in your HVAC career as far as you want. The possibilities are endless!
What an HVAC Technician Needs to be Successful
Becoming a successful and trusted HVAC technician goes beyond just training and knowledge of the equipment used in heating and cooling systems. There are a variety of skills needed, including physical strength and attention to detail. Other skills needed include:
- Customer Service Skills: As an HVAC technician, you work directly with residential and business owners during repairs, installation, and maintenance calls. The importance of communicating and explaining issues and solutions is vital to the success each of job.
- Mechanical Skills: You don’t have to be mechanically inclined to be an HVAC expert, especially when you are taught certain skills during training. However, it is important that you are comfortable working with mechanical systems. HVAC units are complicated and require special knowledge for disassembly, repair, assembly, and programming.
- Troubleshooting Skills: HVAC contractors deal with a wide variety of problems. You need to think quickly on your feet and be up-to-date on the latest technological advancements, to troubleshoot issues with residential and commercial units.
Pursue a career that is in high demand, with a competitive salary and benefits! Working as an HVAC technician is rewarding and allows you to advance as far as you like. Contact Estes Services today, and ask us about our open positions for HVAC technicians.