With the colder weather here and holiday celebrations like Thanksgiving right around the corner, you probably want to have your home cozy for all your friends and family who come over. Here are six heating maintenance tips to ensure that your home's heating system is performing well:
1. Heating Tune-Up — Fall is a great time to schedule a heating tune-up, even more so if you're having friends and family visit your home for the holidays.
When you schedule a heating tune-up with Estes Services, one of our expert technicians will ensure that your heating system is working properly, efficiently, and safely by performing various preventative maintenance activities, including:
i. Inspecting the heating system.
ii. Cleaning the heating system.
iii. Testing and measuring the system.
If you haven't scheduled your tune-up yet, now is the time, as you don't want to wait until your unit underperforms or stops working altogether. Schedule service today.
2. Change ceiling fan direction — If you use your ceiling fan in the winter when your heat is on, you will want to ensure that the ceiling fan direction is clockwise (if your fan has a reverse switch). This enables your fan to create an updraft which forces hot air to rise to your ceiling and throughout the rest of your room.
3. Change Filters — You will want to make sure that you change your filters on a regular basis. This is an excellent way to improve your indoor air quality and keep your unit functioning well during the winter months. How often you should change your filters depends on several factors, including the type of filter and level of usage.
If you think you need air filter replacement, you can schedule a service with us today. Or, you can also enroll in one of our HVAC Maintenance Membership Plans, which start at just $14.95 a month and include filter changeout so that you can help eliminate your worries about changing your filters.
4. Move items away from vents — Ensure that none of your vents are blocked by furniture or other obstructions, especially in the winter. This can help each room reach its full warming potential.
5. Install a smart thermostat — There are a couple of ways to make your home's heating system smart. The first way is to have a licensed electrician install a smart thermostat in your home, giving you more control over your home's heating system. There are many different types of smart thermostats to choose from, and an Estes Services HVAC technician can help you select the best one for your home.
6. Upgrade to a smart heating system — In addition to installing a smart thermostat, the other way to make your home's heating system smart is by upgrading to a new system.
Replacing an outdated system can bring you many benefits, including increased comfort, lower energy costs, improved air quality, reduced repairs, reliability, and more.
We have several heating replacement options, including heat pumps, ductless mini-splits, and furnaces. Plus, now through November 19, 2022, we are offering up to $2,350 in rebates or 0% financing on fully qualifying Carrier Infinity Systems. Explore all our special offers and coupons.
Choose Estes Services for Your Heating Maintenance & Replacement Needs This Winter
With the holidays right around the corner, the last thing you want is to be caught without heat in your house full of people. That's why we shared these heating maintenance tips to keep your home cozy this winter.
With these simple and effective tips, you can enjoy peas, potatoes, and pumpkin pies without having to worry about your heating equipment underperforming or failing altogether. In fact, when you work with Estes Services, you can have peace of mind about your heating services.
Not only do we offer heating repair and installation services, but we also offer our very popular Maintenance Membership Plans that many homeowners in the greater Atlanta area are thankful for.
The cold weather is here, and the holidays are upon us. Schedule service with us today to ensure your guests are cozy throughout their visit.